2016 has been like a giant roller coaster full of twists, turns, and loops galore. I probably spent a good 75% of this year just anxiously and impatiently waiting on it to end. There were times when I just felt like staying in bed and crying my eyes out because of everything piling up, and there were a couple of times when I did just that.
But 2016 hasn’t been totally evil to me, so instead of looking at all of the negative things that has happened I want to reflect on the lighter side of 2016 (in no particular order).
- My brother and I adopted two kittens, Charlie and Shiva. They’re evil and adorable at the same time.
- I got an A in accounting even though I struggle with Math. And I didn’t even cheat on the assignments.
- I bought ice cream from a guy in a hearse. That was weird.
- My youngest brother did not have to get spinal surgery. That was truly relieving.
- My grandmother found out that she doesn’t have throat cancer.
- My cousin beat breast cancer.
- I got to meet some of my childhood idols at AkaiCon.
- I found the joy that is Tipsy Bartender.
- I participated in GISHWHES for the first time and met some really amazing people.
- I got to see dolphins and a seahorse in person. That takes care of two things from my bucket list.
- I started writing for the amazing Nerds and Beyond. I get to bombard them with a ton of articles next week.
- Pottermore opened Ilvermorny and Patronus quizzes. I’m a Ravenclaw/Thunderbird with a ginger cat patronus. Childhood question = Answered
- I started this blog and, although I don’t write here as often as I had originally planned, I am really glad I did this.
- I got back in touch with my best friend and first Internet friend, who gave me the best present I could ever ask for this Christmas. Sian, you’re amazing!
- I learned how to make homemade cookies. I’m so proud of myself.
- I did not get a tattoo in Florida while drunk (yes, that almost happened, and yes, I consider it an achievement that I didn’t).
- After nearly a year of running back and forth to the laundromat each day, we finally got a new dryer. I could have cried from happiness.
2016 was many things, but it was also beautiful. It was one of the hardest and greatest years of my life, and I look forward to many more to come. I’m almost sad to see 2016 end, but I look forward to what 2017 has to offer.
As for 2017,
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful New Year!